Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 13....My Surgery...My Family......My Life


This week brings all kinds of emotion to the forefront. A week ago Tuesday, I had my fifth and hopefully final breast surgery. Each time I go into surgery I can’t help but think of what all my sister Cheryl endured and how strong she always remained. It was her faith in God, her family and life that always brought her out on top.

The weekend before my surgery we went to visit my nephews, their wives, my sister Tracy and her husband. What an amazing weekend we all had together! It was probably one of the most fun filled weekends I have had in a long time. We watched my great nephew Landon play basketball, baseball, and any other kind of ball he could find. We shopped, ate, and just enjoyed each others company.



My sister Tracy and our families went out to visit Greg (our brother-n-law) and his new wife, Cindy. We had a great time. Their home is beautiful; it sits in the country with pastures all around. We laughed all night, my stomach hurt the next day I laughed so hard.

I brought my nephew Todd, his mother’s toy box she had since she was a child. Now, it sits in his home where he can fill it with all his sons’ toys and have a piece of his mother that he can share with his own children for many years to come.
 

I gave Nick’s wife, Kristi a bracelet that my sister wore nearly everyday. Kristi is truly a gift from my sister, that I feel my sister hand picked for her son. I know that Cheryl would want her to have it as she will be able to also carry a piece of Cheryl with her forever.

I know this blog was started for the purpose of our company’s journey and it will still tell our story but this is also about my personal struggles and successes, and that life will throw curve balls even in the best of people’s lives but its how we get through and become stronger individuals that matter. Cheryl’s bras was started after a  tragic, heart wrenching death and taking that death and making a difference for woman, helping them  kick cancers butt and feeling beautiful through it!

This week has been a very emotional week for me. Family is forever, regardless of your difference. Life can be difficult at times and sometimes that family forever doesn’t always work out. I wanted so bad to be able to pick up the phone and just ask Cheryl what do I do? What do I do with all of these feelings? She was always so good at giving advice and looking at the glass half full instead of half empty.

I am so blessed to have an amazing husband, children, mother and father-n-law, nephews, nieces, friends and a sister that listens for hours if she has too.

Even though we don’t always have the answers, even though we are not exactly sure how the future is going to unfold, we are taught at an early age to trust.

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Cheryl’s Bras has given me that hope again, to be able to make a difference in people’s lives and even though we are still working on all the many details for the roll out in August of 2013, I hope my blog can touch someone that might be having that “bad day or week”. There is always HOPE! You can’t change people, you can’t change the cruelty that life can bring, but you can hold on to HOPE and believe that God has your plan, and you will be okay. Until next week, have a great week, I plan on it!

Love Adrienne

 

No comments:

Post a Comment