Saturday, April 27, 2013

Week 14 Trust......trust me.....walk thru that door

This weeks blog is about trust. Trusting the path God sets for us. He opens doors of opportunity for us, it's our choice whether or not to listen and walk thru that door. I truly believe all that I have endured in the past six years since Cheryl has died has gotten me to this point in my life. I feel Cheryl is alive again, guiding me through this next huge step in our families lives. I feel it's my faith and trust in God that will make all this happen.

My husband and friends ran this past week in a 4K TapnRun. I had originally scheduled to run also but my surgery date ended up being to close to the race and I couldn't attend. My very good friends Stephanie Moran and Kim Gough came over and decorated shirts and painted Bras to make a "Cheryl's Bras" team uniform. Kim's husband Matt, who we call our own superhero because he is both a Fireman and a Police Officer agreed to run in my place. During the race a complete stranger came up from behind my husband and asked if the Cheryl's painted on his shirt was "Adrienne's Cheryl's Bras?" he replied "why yes it is and I'm her husband!". Cheryl's Bras are not even available yet, and even still, we are providing hope,support, and encouragement. I am getting so excited about our August roll out! We have made a couple changes to a particular style based on some recommendations we got from a few test subjects, so when they do come out the issues will already be taken care of.

My nephew Nick played baseball all his life, starting at Nebraska, then playing for the T-Bones for a short time. There was an article written about my nephew a couple of years ago, it talked about him making the game winning hit for his first professional game while wearing a symbol of Breast Cancer Awareness and research on his jersey. Nick quoted to the editor, "I've had some tough times the past few years, but that was a special moment." "I could feel my mom. She is definitely looking over my shoulder.". This same nephew thanked me this week for carrying on his Mother's legacy.

I miss my sister so much and I would do anything to have her back, but it's through her promise and my trust in God, that Cheryl's bras is my open door. It's through her amazing love and spirit I hope to help women all over the world.

If it isn't through a bra, then maybe I can just bring hope to someone battling this awful disease.

Making the most of her dash....

Love you all,
Adrienne





1 comment: