Thursday, April 4, 2013

Week 11-Trip to see my family

This week has been a busy week at school with IEP meetings and my kiddos trying to finish up the year. Not much new with Cheryl's bras this week as we just got back from Florida. I'm excited about visiting my sisters children this weekend along with my sister Tracy and her family. We are taking our exchange student with us,   so that's always exciting to see her facial expressions and the excitement of her seeing and learning new places and things.
When my sister Cheryl passed the school that she taught at made her a memorial out on the playground. In that memorial sits a bench and a stone that reads a very special message. I look forward to going there this weekend and sitting on that bench, thinking about all the times I drove up to Kansas City to visit her. We would have so much fun just doing not much of anything. I miss her so much at times it physically hurts.
My sister would always give my sons and I books as gifts, in those books she would write little messages and sign her name. Tonight we cleaned out the toy box that was full of all these books, my son Alex and I read some of the messages she wrote and laughed as we went through them. Who knew at the time what these messages would eventually mean.
Tonight I would like to share a few of the messages she left me, The book was called called Life's Little Instruction Book, inside the front cover she wrote, "I read parts of this book, and I loved it so much that I bought one for you and one for me. Read it and enjoy. Love Cheryl".. then down from that she said, "my finger prints! I was eating Chinese food.:)" For the longest time I could see her finger print but with time, it is now gone. She then told me certain pages I needed to pay attention too, as a big sister would do.
Funny some of the pages she picked out for me, it was almost like she could see my future. Page 93; Chose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come ninety percent of all your happiness or misery. Page 171; Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.
I'm really excited about our future with Cheryl's bras, we will now focus on the funding to get our bras over here from China and start helping woman all over the world. With my school year coming to an end, I will have much more time to focus on our goal of an August 2013 roll out. Cheryl knew her purpose here on earth and I truly believe she has a similar purpose in Heaven. I will continue to help people the way she did,and live life to the fullest, as she wanted this for everyone she loved and knew.
To all the readers of this blog, thank you for all of your support. Have a great week, I plan on it!
Love Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. Such a special bond, I look forward to watching the success of Cheryl's Bras .. your sister is proud (I just know it) !

    ReplyDelete