Friday, March 29, 2013

Debbie Barrett, Ladies Luncheon and relay for life Jacksonville

I've been on Spring Break this week down in Florida with my family. Only problem with running your own business is your never really off. So it's work, work, work and hopefully have some play time when you can.

Mike brought back the two bra's we promised Debbie from China. She's is the mother of the woman that started the petition for VS to carry bras for women that have been through breast cancer. Well Debbie and Allana had another meeting last week and still no commitment from VS. Debbie and Allana were nice enough to talk about Cheryl's bras at the meeting but still no commitment. We packaged up Debbie's bras and mailed them, she should have received them today. I cant tell you how good it felt to send out the first bras with the Cheryl's tag and logo on them. Once we get some feedback, we will be sure to pass it along!

On Thursday this week, I had the honor to speak at a Ladies Luncheon here in Central Florida. It was my first speaking engagement. I talked about why we started this company, how my husbands connections in China has made this possible, and all about my sister Cheryl, her life, her love and her family. There were woman who had breast cancer, and others knew women that have had breast cancer. One of the things that touched me the most was the look of hope and encouragement from these ladies. Some of them hugged me and told me how great it was that someone was finally doing something for them, to help get back some of the things that cancer had taken from them. These are all amazing beautiful women that have gone through so much and something as simple as a comfortable,beautiful bra has been denied to them for so long. I wish I had them now! Mike did bring back 3 dozen samples in three colors,but just not enough to do what we have planned! We are still on track for our August roll out!

We had planned to visit with the Jacksonville Florida Relay for Life while we were here but just could not fit it in our schedule. We did manage to call and exchange emails and have donated one custom fit bra and a personal phone call of love and encouragement from me to the highest bidder from the silent auction. We have asked for a photo of the winner and will be sure to add her to our Social Media Marketing as soon as the event takes place.

While I was writing my speech this week I remembered something my sister left as her outgoing voicemail on her phone. "Have a great day....I plan on it". Such a simple statement that expresses even more her outlook on life. She was an amazing woman and sister. So for now.....I hope all of you have a great day.....I plan on it!

Adrienne




No comments:

Post a Comment